Saturday, March 5, 2011

NOTD: OPI "Pompeii Purple"

Hello again,

I'm coming to you today with another NOTD:


This is OPI's "Pompeii Purple." At first I had trouble figuring out why on earth they would label this colour as being purple - but now I think it might be because of the blue/violet flash, which is actually quite prominent, especially in certain lightings. I've been really loving duochrome and blue/violet flash polishes lately, so it didn't take me long to decide that this particular one deserves a home in my collection.


"Pompeii Purple" actually looks very much like another polish I purchased at around the same time, which is Essie's "Jam 'n' Jelly." I haven't gotten around to applying that one just yet, but when I do I will be sure to post comparison pictures here! (In the bottle they look nearly identical).

I have to say, this colour is just so bright and uplifting. The application is great and with a good base- and top-coat the longevity is good as well. Some people, of course, say this is a polish best reserved for summer. Personally I think it works just as well in the dead of winter as a cure for the winter blues!

If you are looking for a little pick-me-up at any time of the year and you don't mind adding a bit of boldness to your fingertips, you might want to give this one a try! It really is a stunning colour.

Would you wear a colour this bright/bold in the winter?
Would you wear it at all?

Love,
Laura xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...