Monday, January 24, 2011

Lushity Lush Lush

I never thought this day would come, but here it finally is. I've been converted - in the most undeniable, blog-worthy kind of way.

I took baths on a regular basis, of course, as a child. However, as my age increased so too did my list of responsibilities, and slowly the idea of taking a (relatively) quick shower began to seem more logical than soaking my skin in a bathtub for hours on end - until my fingers and toes shriveled up like prunes.

Well, today I am here to express my renewed passion for the bathtub, and to share exactly what it is that has made me see the light.

Lush.

Wait, hold on, don't 'x' out of this window just yet all you time-conscious, 'baths-are-for-the-birds,' shower advocates. I was you, just a couple of months ago.

I too lacked any interest in "Lush Hauls" on YouTube. Wished people would stop making them, even. Then, one day, I thought: "you know, if EVERYBODY loves these bath products so much, maybe I really am missing out on a good thing." My curiosity got the best of me. I placed an order. I received the order. I made this haul video.


In short, since then, I've rediscovered the art of pure, unbridled relaxation. And it feels good.

Now that I've had a chance to try all of these products, let's talk about them a bit.




First I tried one of Lush's most famous bath bombs, the Butterball. It's this vanilla scented ball of moisturizing stuff, and if I'm honest, I wasn't overly impressed with it - so it probably wasn't the best first choice for me. The scent wasn't strong enough for my liking, it didn't turn my water into a spectacular colour, my skin didn't feel much more moisturized than usual, and it dissolved in the matter of a minute or so. It just left a lot to be desired. It was nice, I suppose, but nothing earth-shattering. I wanted earth-shattering.

The next thing I tried was:






The Christmas Eve bubble bar. Right off the bat, it's cute, and that matters. But in addition to the obvious cuteness it turned my bath water blue and I got to enjoy a plethora of bubbles as I indulged in a good book. It didn't take me long to realize that I am a bubble bar kind of girl. Whereas 'Butterball' was sort of anticlimactic what with its one-minute life span, the Christmas Eve bubble bar released a lot of fragrance and gave me something to hang onto and enjoy throughout the entirety of my bathing experience.

Next up:






Cinders bath bomb. This one smelled wonderful. It also turned my water a bit yellow, but not of the disgusting pee-like persuasion. It was an enjoyable yellow. I also felt like this one lasted a bit longer than 'Butterball', but that very easily could be something that only happened in my head. My Cinders didn't crackle (as a result of the pop-rocks) as some people have stated theirs have, which was slightly disappointing. It also didn't make me feel like I was sitting by the fireplace. However, it did release a very warm, comforting aroma and gave me something to enjoy long past the short-term 'fizzing'. So while I still think I'm more of a bubble bar type of gal, this is a bath bomb that I would probably repurchase in the future!

Last but not least:





'The Comforter' bubble bar. I had a massive chunk of this baby and just cut it up into six separate pieces. This morning was actually my first time taking a bath with 'The Comforter' and it is what incited me to write this blog post.
Love. It.

It smells heavenly, turned my bath water a gorgeous shade of pink, and produced thousands (millions?) of the frothiest bubbles known to humankind.

After using the previous Lush products, I acquired a pretty strong understanding of all the Lush-hype. After using this product, the deal has been sealed. Highly recommend, 'A' plus plus plus.

Even without all of the Lush products though, I am so happy I've rekindled my love for the wonderful world of bathing. As a student, it's been awhile since I've had time to read 'for pleasure.' I'm reading for pleasure again. What's more is that after a good bath, I feel refreshed, recharged, and ready, once again, to face the world.

Sometimes we just need to close the shower curtains, light a candle, slink deep down into a sea of bubbles, and lose ourselves in a world that's different from our own.

-Laura xo


Photo credits:

______________________________________________

Subscribe to see my latest videos here: LAURA RAE-LYNN ON YOUTUBE
Follow to see my latest tweets here: LAURA RAE-LYNN ON TWITTER

______________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...