Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Purple is my Happy Colour

The other day I decided to venture into my nailpolish collection and wear something I hadn't worn in awhile. I looked beyond the OPIs, the Essies, the China Glazes, even the Revlons, and feasted my eyes upon this beauty:


Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri fast dry nail colour in Pronto Purple. Our love has been rekindled. 






It's just such a vibrant, beautiful shade of purple that has pink and light purple microshimmer. It's one of those colours that I cannot not stop looking at once it's applied to my nails.


Not only do I simply love the way this looks, but it applies like a dream. Out of all the polishes I own I find this one has the smoothest, easiest application. The brush is fantastic - unless of course you don't like bigger brushes. Personally I like being able to coat an entire nail in one swipe. The really cool thing about the brush, though, is that it tapers at the end which makes it slightly easier to work with for people who have teeny tiny nails. The above photo is a comparison of the OPI pro-wide brush, and the Sally Hansen brush. The Sally Hansen brush is significantly wider. The OPI brush does not have a tapered tip.

As it is with most things in life, there are both pros and cons. The one and only gripe I have with this polish is that it chips like nobody's business. Granted, I did not use a base or topcoat, but I don't with a lot of my other polishes either. This one chipped within 24 hours and needed to be taken off within 48.

So, the price is on point, the colour is on point, the application is on point... but the longevity leaves much to be desired. It is for this reason that I give it a 4/5. HOWEVER, I don't expect my less-expensive polishes to wear as long as my higher-end ones, so the chipping is something I can kind of cope with!

Have you tried any Sally Hansen polishes? If so, what do you think of them?
Love,
Laura xo

_______________________________________________________________________
Subscribe to see my latest videos: LAURA RAE-LYNN ON YOUTUBE
Follow me to see my latest tweets: LAURA RAE-LYNN ON TWITTER
_______________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...